Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Typotheque Articles

My assigned reference material is Typotheque (www.typotheque.com/articles). At first glance, I can see they have many different resources from essays, to interviews, to tutorials, and many others. Some of the articles are even in languages other than English, which was surprising to me. It seems as though there is a ton of information available here. Typotheque is actually a type foundry, first.  They have numerous fonts available on the site to purchase, with multiple licensing options. There are even books by some of the authors of the articles to purchase.



The website is designed very simply, allowing the user to quickly find what they might be looking for, or something helpful. There are a few drop down menus at the top for you to choose the sorting preferences, and then there is a wall of tags to the right side.  I particularly enjoy the simple color palette of grays and orange.  Typotheque is overall just a very sleek, clean site.  There are no distracting graphics, just a simple design, letting the type do the talking.



I'd certainly say that this would be a very useful resource for a student like myself learning design and typography, as well as professionals. Even as I typed up this blog post, I found myself getting distracted by some of the articles, because there really is some interesting, useful material.

No comments:

Post a Comment