Monday, January 28, 2013

Bicycling Magazine - Villegas, Mitch

Well in this add for Wilier inside Bicycling magazine, I chose to focus on the font used for the attention grabbing phrase "OWN THE BIKE, OWN THE MOUNTAIN." The font used looks like it's bold, perhaps a grotesque or sans serif type font but as I've said before, I've forgotten a lot of terminology. The font was obviously meant to capture the reader's attention and in this case the audience they are trying to reach is a cyclist who feels they need absolute control and command of not only their bike but the terrain they ride on. I think the font choice works well with the message the ad is sending. To convey the message of owning your bike, as well as a mountain, both commanding statements, you need a font that carries that feel and I think they chose a fitting font with a color that helps add to the message. I think what I can take away from and add to my own work is to really be aware of the attitude of the message and not just look at  what is actually written.

No comments:

Post a Comment