Sunday, January 27, 2013

Communication Arts: Typography Annual Two - Joe Ramirez



Communication Arts - Typography Annual Two

I chose to do my typography page over the Resources section in the CA Annual Two. This page reviews several resources within the design field that are great to have. On the right half of the page, it has several "Spotlight" fonts with reviews of the font and the web address of the foundry that created the font. This page caught my eye because of the gray San serif typeface (my favorite "color" with my favorite style of font). Although I do not know the exact font, it closely resembles Exo one of my favorite San serif fonts. I love the typeface because it really conveys a sense of modernism and sleekness, which I believe really corresponds with their audience. I really think this page does speak out to the more modern designers as the typeface is very organic and smooth.  The way the sections are separated make a really effective type layout as it is easy to discern what text blocks correspond with what thumbnail. The size of the body copy is perfect in proportion to the sub heads, none of which compete with any other text block in the page. I think I can incorporate this into my design because good layout is the key for an effective design. Without a good layout, everything becomes jumbled and your message can become unclear.

No comments:

Post a Comment