Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Futurist Typography and the Liberated Text

I was also unlucky because my book was checked out from the library by someone else. This was a bummer for me because it looked like a pretty sweet read. However, I did get to see pictures of the cover and a few spreads and read up about it on the internet.


It looks incredibly awesome and is absolutely jam-packed and integrated with typography. Just by viewing a few spreads posted online from the book, the typography inside is overwhelmingly abstracted to any normal person. However, us being designers, we just go crazy over stuff like this. I find it so interesting to see the various ways that text or typography can be presented and this book is a great example of spontaneous ways to do it.


Futurist Typography and the Liberated Text is loaded with examples from about eighty Futurists books or other designs for print. It "examines the rise and evolution of the Futurists' approach to typography and graphic design, placing it within the context of contemporary artistic and literary movements" (GoogleBooks). The book is 160 pages long and was published in 2005. It would definitely come in handy to someone like me because I could generate ideas from it for future projects or works. The book influenced me personally in a way that it gave me the desire to want to create something wild and different from the boring normal text that is always seen. All in all this book looks really cool and I plan to get my hands on it in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment