Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Slanted


Slanted is a Typographic magazine, the one I picked up was the "cartoon and comic" edition. This magazine is based in Germany saying right on the cover "Typografie & Grafik design", this made reading the articles a little confusing, they would have one page in English and another in German. It contained pages after pages a lot of fun posters and a few interesting products, there were only a few actual articles in the magazine, but they seemed much longer than they were due to the dual languages it was in.  I would think anyone interested in seeing new and upcoming designers work would love this magazine.




I really enjoyed the simplicity of most of the design work, I was amazed at how even posters with simple type decisions were so effective. I would really like to try and reflect this back into my own work because some times I tend to put to much onto my own work.

I think my favorite was the phone cases by Sebastien Cuypers, they were really simple and fun, helping to create a message commenting on what you would use your phone for-- talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment