Wednesday, January 23, 2013

H&FJ News



In this blog, the information the writer presents is from type designers but is aimed at graphic designers who as writer says are the ones who really use and deliver the full range of what can be done with the type. Examples of work with typefaces include Gotham, Sentiniel and Knockout. One typeface that really catches my eye is the New Tungsten typeface (above) that they were advertising for sale. The article itself is typed in a transitional typeface I think, the winter break was long so I forgot a lot of the terms. The typeface is simple and clean and I feel works well with communicating to the audience because of the other typefaces they talk about and the projects they show them used in. The article's type is clean and not distracting from the information they want to convey to the reader. As for my own projects I definitely like the Tungstens and Knockout typefaces and think they would be great to use if the right oppurtunity arose.

No comments:

Post a Comment