Monday, January 28, 2013

Sarah Brink- Communication Arts Typography Annual 3

This beautiful photo is of my Communication Arts Typography Annual that just came in the mail not too long ago. I don't know if it's the new re-design of only the ca in the top left corner or the the script writing that I am surprisingly found of or the three coloured threes in the back. Either way, I was extremely intrigued when I got it in the mail and fell in love with the cover. I think the design of the cover is beautiful and I love the layout and the simplicity of it all together. The text 'Typography Annual' is a type face by Manuel Corradine a Colombian designer. I recognized the type face again about 3/4 of the way through the book which is where I was informed of the artist and gave another page of the typeface. Although, my intrigue is still the cover. 
The typeface really caught my eye because it is a script type font but it's not connected so it's an easy read and I really love the curvature to the extensions of the letter. My favourite part is that it seems to be a modern take on an Arthurian type face, especially how its paired with the modern details of the rest of the cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment