Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Daisy / Erin O'Quinn


This is a video called "Daisy" that was made by Mo Ghayour, who took the song "Daisy" by Brand New and animated the lyrics. It looks to be a pet project undertaken by him because all of the photography was done by him as well. I am not sure what typeface it is, but it is sans-serif and in all caps. It looks pretty basic like Helvetica, but it's too narrow for that. So really I have no idea. At any rate, I particularly enjoyed this animation because some of the words he animated were particularly clever to convey the message. For example, when he used the word mouth, he split it in two horizontally, and made new text come in between the word so that it looks like a mouth opening with teeth. He treats many of his words to convey their meaning, such as making the word 'hot' red, and splitting the words mountain and moved into the shape of a peak. The way he fades in and out with the photography gave it a sense of delicacy which contributes to the natural setting. This animation inspires me because I really enjoyed how he added meaning to each of the words, not just making them flip around like some of the other videos I saw. I thought it was a nice job overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment