Sunday, February 3, 2013

Paige Leopold - Kroll Show


This is a new show called the Kroll Show. It comes on after Workaholics (which I'm a fan of) on Comedy Central and I thought the intro was pretty sweet. It's a short clip but it's just enough to draw you in and it really attracts our generation's age group. There are tons of different type settings applied in this intro and I think it covers just about everything going back to vintage videos games, to street signs, to twisting around the Gatorade logo to say Kroll Show. I love the variety and how it all flows with the dub step music. The music helps give it a cool vibe and really sets the tone for the show. In the show you almost never know what you are going to watch or see next (some funny stuff and others stupid in my opinion if you haven't seen the show). The intro matches the show because it's just a bunch of random old names from different popular brands and shows compiled together in 15 seconds. I can incorporate this into my work especially if I ever have to design something for a show like that or even just anything really. The big blocks of letters at the end are perfect for the "finale" because they are big and bold and they make a statement. It's like they are saying "BAM, Kroll Show." This also gives me a lot of examples that have been used for previous tv shows and products that are well-known.

No comments:

Post a Comment