Monday, February 18, 2013

Catalogs - Pedro Villegas



1000 Interior: 10 Typologies, 80 Countries is the title of the first book. This book is  a collection of interior design projects from 80 countries. The projects in this book are divided in 10 categories - some of them are Restaurants, Offices, Houses, Hotels, Bars, etc. It has different design styles from classical to modern. The size of this book is approximately 12x9 inches. The typefaces used  in this book are sans serif fonts which I think the use of simple sans serif typefaces emphasize the idea of a modern composition. The layout in this book is mainly symmetrical which I think it communicate a minimalistic and organized design.




Chairs by Judith Miller is a book that shows 100 chairs from the past and present, different designers and styles. The chairs in this book are organized chronologically and the photography is eye-catching. I really like the table of contents because of the contrast on the typeface and the placement of the page numbers and the text. To me, the combination of an old style and sans serif typeface creates a strong design. The book has a really good page layout. On the left page there is text which  is easy to read and on the right page there is a big picture of a beautiful chair. 



Another book that I chose is French Chic: The Art of Decorating Houses by Florence de Dampierre. This book contains so much detail in each photo but the best part of this book is its table of contents which I think creates a sense of luxury. The use of a script typeface emphasize the elegance of the photographs. For  my next project, I will pay attention to the page layout because I think that's the most important  feature to create an effective design.

No comments:

Post a Comment