Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Catalogues // Taylor Deppisch

The first catalogue/book I found was called "Masters of Poster Design", and it basically was just that.


It showed a ton of different poster designs done by famous artists, some that I had heard of and some that I hadn't. On each spread, there is a poster design on one side and then usually a quote by the artist as well as background information/information about the poster.



The second book I picked up was "Contemporary Art in Print".


This was a rather large book that featured many artists and many different types of contemporary art. Information about each piece was found underneath each picture. Series or multiple pieces created by the same artist were found together on a page like this:


The last book I looked at was titled, "My World of Art." It was a really unique looking book, which is what caught my attention at first when it was on the shelf. The title is really artsy and sort of whimsical/playful, which I enjoyed. A book that is interesting on the cover will ALWAYS cause me to pick it up and look inside. This book was just as interesting on the inside as it was on the outside! It was almost like a visual collage of different art/types of art, which I really loved.The theme of the book was how art is found everywhere in the world, so as you can imagine there was a huge range of things in the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment