Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Joe Ramirez - Exhibition Books

For the Love of Vinyl is an exhibition book on the creative work of Hipgnosis, one of the most famous design firms of the 60's. Examples includes Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon". This book appealed to me as I am a Vinyl Junkie. The thing I enjoy the most is looking at the inserts and the overall design of the sleeves/inserts. The cover of this book was made of Vinyl and went well with the entire concept.


Graphic Agitation 2 is an exhibition book that explores graphic protest within the digital age. It deals with various mediums of artwork since the 1990s. This book was interesting because it had a cardboard hard cover with a black splatter on it made of some sort of material I cannot name. It had many socially and politically charged designs and art pieces. The thing I liked about this book was the content, as it had really interesting and provocative pieces.


Restaurant Graphics is an exhibition book that displays some cutting edge interior design for Restaurants as well as menus/logos and the like. There are not many menus/logos though, but the interior design is nice. The spaces, design, and placement of all the things within these restaurants was really well place and interesting. I think the thing I liked the most was how the text was encased within a box. It felt more contained and I felt it was appropriate to use for an Interior Design book.

No comments:

Post a Comment