Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Exhibition: Isabel Castro

The first book I chose was PLEASE LISTEN I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU ABOUT WHAT IS by Chris Johanson. I liked this book because his friends thought it would be a great idea to put it together and it took a while to find work he did years before that he gave away. He was able to track them down and photograph them properly for this book. He works in acrylics and is very free in his work. He has a huge collection of work including instillation work and sculptures that bring his painted into reality. All the text in the book is in English and Italian.

















The second book I chose was The Art of Rebellion 2: The world of urban art activism. This book was cool because it showed urban art from around the world that was in public places. I know Europe has a big graffiti problem but it's just the youth speaking out. This book captures rebellion from the smallest of words to huge complicated work that is done overnight and has been planned for months. The text explains the image, situation and location and why it is appropriate for that.












I chose Images Of Death In Mexican Prints because I fell in love with linocut printmaking last semester. I love the work of Jose Gaudalupe Posada and Manuel Manilla so this book was perfect. It focuses on death. Whether its is brought on by revolution, old age or sickness. This book is something I'll purchase for my personal library. The pages have a black border around it that gives the work a lovely frame. The book text is in English and Spanish.




No comments:

Post a Comment