Saturday, February 2, 2013

30 Rock Kinetic Type // Taylor Deppisch





This video is kinetic type that illustrates some lines from the TV show 30 Rock. It’s a short clip but I thought it was funny and the type was illustrated very well! There were multiple typefaces used, one for the man’s voice and one for the woman’s. The man’s was a sans-serif, which looked like Frutiger, and the woman’s was a serif typeface which I believe to be Didot. I liked that each voice had their own type to match with their voice/personality. The man’s was more straightforward and simple, and the woman’s was a bit more feminine. The type went perfectly with the words that were being said, and it was easy to read/understand simultaneously. In some other kinetic type videos I looked up, the type moved way too fast to read, but I thought this video had a nice balance and was not too fast. I liked the little details that were thrown in as well- like the “40” with birthday candles and the picture of the sandwich at the end. The audience of this video could really be anyone- I don’t watch the show, but I enjoyed the short clip and thought it was funny and interesting to watch. I thought it was a good example of kinetic typography. Short but sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment