Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Kirsten Alexander (Catalogues)

I rarely use the library as resource so I was a little overwhelmed by how many catalogues there were to choose from but the two I found are very interesting.

The first catalogue I found is about the work of Pierre Mendell, a graphic designer. The majority of the catalogue and some of the work is written in a different language but it mostly speaks for itself. I'm not sure if there was a dust jacket for this book, if there was it is missing because the cover of the book if just black and not interesting.

Pierre Mendell did anything from logo design to poster to design and package design. There is very minimal text in the catalogue with the exception of the table of contents.






The second catalogue I found was The Man with the Kaleidoscope Eyes by Alan Aldridge about his work. Aldridge gives a detailed introduction about how he got started and about his work. I like that each page looks completely different from the one before. Some pages are text heavy and some only have pictures of his works.






No comments:

Post a Comment