Monday, February 4, 2013

Kenetic Type- Kristin McCreery

Alquimia Animated Type

I found this really neat video about kinetic type on Vimeo. The type face was really active and I loved the way it interacted with the music. Every letter was different every time it was displayed, however given that it was a very geometric San Serif I would think that maybe it was based off Futura.

Given the fact it's a video about animated type, it is clearly aimed at typographers, probably those who like some sort of Dub Step.

It communicates a message of fun uplifting typesetting even with the colors being black and tan. It is really the types playful activity that brings about this message, along with the beats playing in the background.

This video really influences me in the fact that you can have decorative type that doesn't look to tacky. I think something of this effect would be really great on some sort of poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment