Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lauren McMillan- 6th floor finds

I have never really taken the time to search the 6th floor of the Library—who knew there were so many awesome resources up there? The first catalogue I found was an exposition of artwork that was made entirely of maps. It had a bright pink cover with a bold typeface that drew me in, and once I opened it, I was sold. I really like the contemporary theme continued throughout the book. Next I found a book entitled Small Paintings. What I enjoyed about this book is how it really only consisted of small paintings by this artist. Some of which engulfed the entire spread, others were just small details. I really enjoyed how he took his theme literally. It was a really interesting book to flip through for inspiration. Finally I found one of my favorite books. The albrecht durer book with all of his etchings. I love flipping through and seeing all of his artwork because it is so incredible. I really like how they captured the essence of his art with the size and design of the book. I really enjoyed searching through the oversized book section and I will definitely use it as a reference later.
















No comments:

Post a Comment