Friday, March 1, 2013

Brooklyn Museum - Pedro Villegas

The Brooklyn Museum in New York is known for its collections of Egyptian and African art from 19th and 20th centuries. However, what caught my attention was the architecture of the building. If I had the opportunity to visit that museum I would look at it and stay in awe for a few hours because I really  like Roman architecture. One of the exhibitions that I found interesting was Infinite Island: Contemporary Caribbean Art. Some of the works in this exhibition reflect a mix of cultures by using video, painting, prints, drawings, sculpture and photography. Infinite Island presents eighty works by forty-five artists. I like the variety of the work of Caribbean artists. This exhibition was focus on history, politics, popular culture and religion. The exhibition has a catalogue which I think it does not convey the message of the Caribbean Art. The only thing that I like about this catalogue was how  they place the title of the exhibition.  I think the cover needs to be more dynamic and I would get rid of that typeface. I think the photograph in the cover emphasizes the energy of the work.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment