Sunday, March 3, 2013

Marie Solis: Indianapolis Museum of Art

I chose IMA because they feature a variety of exhibitions, and they are one of the leading institutions for technology and digital projects. The museum was founded in 1883, and it is one of the 10 oldest general art museums in the country. The exhibition I chose relates to my exhibition as they are exhibiting artists that originated from Indianapolis and they are also non traditional artists, as they are clothes designers. The exhibition of 51 garments from 4 different designers exhibits the lasting affect these designers have had on fashion over the past fifty years. The type treatment they used for the entrance was what really drew me to choose this exhibition as well because they used a sans serif and a range of colors to suggest a sweep of type movement and I hope to implement something similar with my title display.











No comments:

Post a Comment