Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Joe Ramirez // Typography: A Real World Guide

Spread Here

Here is an awesome E-Book I found on Google Books about none other than, typography! I did a quick search on type and found this book, which after skimming through the pages saw how great the grid structure was. It is defined into what seems like a six column grid, which is also a column based grid, following flow lines which can be seen by some of the rules underlining the chapters and different sections. I do not see any footers implying a marker on the spread. Many table of contents follow a grid, but I think this is the best designed one I've seen so far. It has very effective use of type hierarchy as some of the chapters have a main head with a small sub head beneath it. Timothy used large heavy bars to separate the section which give the page some variety and show the break between different sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment