Monday, March 4, 2013

William Taudien Moderna Museet, Stockholm, Sweden




 
I chose to look at "Moderna Museet"in Stockholm, Sweden because I went there when I lived in Sweden and I really liked it. The museum houses Swedish and international modern and contemporary art. There are art works made by Famous artists like Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali, Marcel Duchamp, Henri Matisse, and Georges Graque. The museum is for all ages, and does not really have a specific audience.
The name of the museum has a typeface I have enever seen before. It looks like it's hand drawn and made up. I am not really able to identify it more than that it looks playful. Based on what I remember when I was there, it had different parts with once specific color on all the walls. In the image below, all the walls are white. This museum is very clean in every aspect, and it will influence my own work in the way that open space is very important for the viewer to have in order to completely choose where he or she wants to go in a museum. With small areas, the viewer is almost forced to walk a certain path through the museum, but with a lot of open space, you can kind of choose your own way to walk through everything.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment